Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Partly Qualified or Fully Qualified European Patent Attorney (EQE) to join our Intellectual Property team in Toulouse, France.
Innovation is at the heart of our company. At the Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO), we believe that contributing to a better, brighter future starts today.
In this context, you will use your unique expertise to:
- Defend company’s Intellectual Property interests and secure its legal protection;
- Advice upon the risk of infringement of patents, settlement of IP claims, negotiations of IP clauses in contracts;
- Provide professional advice on patent and IP matters;
- Draft, Prepare and/or present briefs and arguments before national and supranational Patent Offices or before the courts dealing on patent matters;
- Manage the IP portfolio in application of the defined IP strategy and advice in licensing in & out.
Tasks & accountabilities
Specific responsibilities of the position are to:
- Provide proactive business orientated and cost effective IP advice and services to protect company’s innovations.
- Support company’s IP activities through education, advice, drafting and negotiation support to Functions (engineering, procurement, customer services and support, programs, and business development).
- Ensure that the company is not exposed to major IP risks by advising upon the risk of infringement of IP (patents, design, confidentiality and copyright), settlement of IP claims, negotiations of IP clauses in contracts in collaboration with the Legal Department.
- Provide professional advice on patent and IP matters, and in the preparation (drafting) and/or presentation of briefs and arguments before national and supranational Patent Offices or before the courts dealing on patent matters.
- Ensure regular information and reporting to engineering executives.
- Provide and manage the company patent portfolio.
- Instruct, approve and retain any external IP counsel worldwide.
Your Boarding Pass
- Master’s degree in General Engineering with preferably a specialisation in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Intellectual Property Law (CEIPI) and fully or partially qualified as European Patent Attorney (EQE – European Qualification Exam).
- Experience in an industrial environment or knowledge of the Aerospace industry would be a plus.
- Negotiation level in English and Advanced level in French is mandatory.
- Autonomy, ability to take decisions.
- Good writing, synthesis and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage a lot of various topics, ability to prioritize.
- Curiosity to understand technical topics.
- Good communication skills.