Patent Attorney (m/f) Ghent and/or Boortmeerbeek, Belgium.
… People with passion for IP.
DenK iP is active in the field of intellectual property, mainly patents. We have offices in Merelbeke and Boortmeerbeek, Belgium. We are supporting smaller and larger clients – SME’s, multinationals, research institutes – in obtaining protection for their inventions.
We now have a job opportunity for a qualified patent attorney or a patent trainee, trained in the field of physics/electronics. You will be working in the fields of mechanics, electricity, electronics, electrotechnics, sensors, information technology and automotive industry.
We furthermore have a job opportunity for a patent trainee in the field of chemistry. A person applying for this job must be willing to work also in neighboring fields. Moreover, we require our patent trainees to take the European qualification examination so as to become a qualified patent attorney. Of course we actively support their education.
As a patent attorney, you will be in charge of following up different clients’ IP portfolios, in the broadest way. You are able to take initiative and control your clients’ portfolios according to your own insights, with consent of the client.
You are responsible for obtaining the best possible protection for the IP of your clients. You harvest interesting ideas. You perform patentability searches and analyses. You conduct patent procedures in Belgium as well as abroad, either with or without interaction with a locally authorized agent. This includes drafting patent applications and prosecuting these before the official instances. You help to take IP decisions. You handle oppositions and litigations. You perform freedom-to-operate, infringement and due diligence analyses, and you support lawyers in case of disputes.
You closely cooperate with fellow patent attorneys and the team of certified paralegals.
Job related competences
- You are good in gathering technical information. Based on this information, you can make a clear and complete description of a product, process or equipment.
- You can analytically asses a situation, draw conclusions, take a position and defend your case.
- You are a problem-solver.
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), and have a sufficient knowledge of (preferably also are fluent in) Dutch.
- You have an analytical mind and a good ability to learn
- You have a high sense of accuracy
- You have well-developed contact skills, both in written and oral communication
- You are a creative thinker
- You are customer-oriented and you work goal oriented
- You easily adapt to changing circumstances
- You are well-organized and good in planning, prioritizing and coping with deadlines
- You are able to cope with stress
- You enjoy working independently, as a member of a team
What we offer to you
We offer a permanent full-time contract to the candidate of our choice, with a lot of flexibility, in either one of our offices. Your remuneration will be based on your level of expertise and training.