Patent Attorney R&D:
In 2013 FrieslandCampina opened its Innovation Center on the campus of Wageningen University. A large part of FrieslandCampina’s R&D community is located there and the Intellectual Property (IP) department is part of that community.
You will join the in-house IP department in Wageningen where, together with three other patent attorneys, two searchers and two formality officers, your tasks will include:
- counseling on all patent matters;
- managing a patent portfolio which will include drafting and prosecuting patent applications and initiating and conducting opposition and appeal proceedings;
- carrying out validity and freedom-to-operate analyses; and
- interacting with outside counsel if and where required.
To be a successful Patent Attorney you have:
- Degree: educated in chemistry, biochemistry or related degree.
- Experience in nutrition would be useful although not a pre-requisite.
- Qualified as a European Patent Attorney, preferably with experience of working in an in-house patent department.
- You will be well versed in the full IP life cycle and happy in attending to substantive patent matters as well as leading oral proceedings before the EPO.
- Your communication skills are effective in convincing internal stakeholders.
- You possess good command of the English language, both in writing and in speech.
- You have a creative talent in being able to present solutions which may not have been considered before.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it’s not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our 22,000 employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
Link to job page – https://careersatfrieslandcampina.com/nl/vacancies/patent-attorney/
Click here to apply