This week’s featured position – Patent Attorney – Biberach – Germany
You ideally have a doctoral degree in biology, biochemistry or a related discipline and a European Patent Attorney and/or equivalent national qualification.
We offer you a new challenge in a global company that has been awarded several times the status of best employer.
Become part of the Boehringer Ingelheim organization and contribute to its success by taking various responsibilities to strengthen the intellectual property (IP) position of the Boehringer Ingelheim Biotechnology related businesses as a member of our Patent Attorneys Team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You ensure the worldwide patent exclusivity for Boehringer Ingelheim’s biotechnology products, safeguard know-how and our freedom to operate for research, development, production and commercialization.
- Working in international cross-functional development teams you develop and implement project specific patent strategies for our products and services.
- You identify patenting opportunities in research and development projects and draft and file patent application.
- Furthermore you manage patent portfolios for assigned projects and conduct patent grant proceedings worldwide, including patent examination, opposition and appeal proceedings.
- With your expertise you support enforcement and defense of Boehringer Ingelheim’s IP in litigation and pre litigation matters.
- You provide opinion work to safeguard Boehringer Ingelheim’s freedom.
- With your knowledge you assess patent situations in connection with research and development projects as well as cooperation and licensing projects and you provide IP concepts relevant to the business and draft IP clauses in licensing and collaboration contracts.
- As Patent Attorney you provide counselling for patent matters in interdisciplinary teams and project groups as well as in collaborations with external partners and IP concepts relevant to the business and draft IP clauses in licensing and collaboration contracts.
- European Patent Attorney or equivalent national qualification at a major patent office and completed science studies (ideally Doctoral degree in Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline) with several years of professional experience in industry or private practice
- Experience managing complex projects and working in a matrix organization and in interdisciplinary teams
- Cooperative, independent way of working and efficient self-management skills with a professional authority
- Understanding the interface of patent law and commercial business aspects
- Fluent in English
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities. We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-186083 or apply online: https://tas-boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=180735&lang=en